Prisma Electronics is involved in Space activities, undertaking both Manufacturing and R&D Electronics projects, as a subcontractor to Space Agencies, Satellite Manufacturers and Space Products Developers. Quality, cost and delivery time are the key points we focus on, to provide you with a steady partner for EMS services. The strict supervision by PA/QA Engineers, during every step of the production, guarantees the reliability of the deliverables.
The Company combines 20 years of experience and expertise in Critical Project Management requirements, along with the infrastructure and ESA-standards qualified personnel, to successfully carry out demanding projects with complex needs in Electronics. Our portfolio, together with the “Gold Industry Award” from CERN, reflects the level of quality of our work.
We provide the following services:
- PCB Design & Assembly
- Cables & Harnessing Design & Assembly
- Device/System Manufacture, Assembly, Integration & Testing (MAIT)
- On-site Support Services
- Test Aid (Devices) Design & Manufacturing
Along with some Specialized Services:
- Isolation and Continuity Test
- Bake-out Process
- Burn-in Test
Prisma Electronics preserves the necessary experience of past projects with some of the most important Primes of Space Market, to successfully provide its services, as a subcontractor.
The modern production lines support Space projects implementation (Solar Orbiter, Sentinel-6) for the complete MAIT (Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration & Test) for:
- Cables & Harnessing
- Test Bench Manufacture
- PCB Assembly
- Breakout Boxes Design & Manufacture
- TVac Cables
- Payload Jumper Cables
- SpaceWire Testers
Cables & Harnesses
Prisma Electronics begun its engagement in Cable Harnessing projects over a decade ago, through a series of Defense Projects.
Today, the Company successfully delivers a wide range of made-to-order products for Space Missions.
Some key production procedures include:
- Market Survey for the Procurement of Materials. The Company retains an updated database with approved suppliers, while constantly evaluating them and seeking for new ones.
- Throughout internal inspection of the materials during procurement.
- Utilization of calibrated assembling and measuring tools during manufacturing.
- Capability to perform a mechanical tensile test on crimped and soldered joints, according to customer requirements.
- Generation of Isolation & Continuity Test Reports for Cables production.
The strict ISO procedures of the Company follow the ESA ECSS standards for verification of components, prior acceptance, for Space Hardware assembly. This way, we can guarantee the quality and reliability of the deliverable.
Prisma Electronics can support the following:
- Procurement of components according to ECSS standards (COTS, HI-REL, Rad Hard, PCB, mechanical parts etc)
- Soldering of various component types for Prototype & Breadboard:
- Soldering of through-hole components
- Soldering of SMD components
- Fine pitch soldering
- Soldering of wired components
- Thermal pre-soldering processes
- Degolding and pretinning component lead
- Cleaning of parts and subassemblies
- Conformal Coating
- Mechanical and electrical integration
Dedicated Operators and Inspectors are certified in PCB assembly procedures, according to the following ESA Standards:
- • ECSS – Q – ST – 70 – 08C, “The manual soldering of high-reliability electrical connections”
- • ECSS – Q – ST – 70 – 28C, “Repair and modification of printed circuits board assemblies for Space use”
- • ECSS – Q – ST – 70 – 38C, “High-reliability soldering for surface mount and mixed technology”
Infrastructure & Personnel
The PCB MAIT (Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test) activities for Space Projects (including commissioning) are carried out by certified and conducted operators in a Clean Room Class 10.000, ISO-7 atmosphere. The Clean Room holds the appropriate certifications for High level Cleanness, which are renewed periodically by external partner.It is equipped with:
- 3 soldering and 1 inspection workstation
- Degolding and pretinning solder baths
- Comprehensive rework soldering station
- Vacuum drying oven
- Fume hood
- ESD protection
Company employs dedicated technicians and engineers, which operate according to the highest quality standards. Operators and inspectors are trained and certified every two years by a certified-by-ESA institution in the following standards:ESA ECSS Standards
- o ECSS-Q-ST-70-08 : Manual Soldering of High-Reliability Electrical Connections
- o ECSS-Q-ST-70-38 : High Reliability Soldering of SMD components
- o ECSS-Q-ST-70-28 : Repair and Modification of PCB Assemblies for space use
Prisma Electronics can provide Project Management Services and Support. Well-trained engineers guarantee the following of the proper procedures during the entire project.
Company’s internal procedures set the general guidelines.
Specific Work instructions are created for every Space project, according to the requirements of the Customer and the applicable standards.
Serial Number tracking system follows the components from the in-factory acceptance, until the delivery of the finalized product. Complete documentation (EEP, EIDP, etc.) accompanies each deliverable.
In case of Critical components and Long Lead Items, specific procedures are defined and followed.
Qualifications - Certifications
Proud partners of: